I love chicken salad, but I really didn’t make it at home until I started on keto. This is a great snack to have in your kitchen for a couple of days. Here in Spain, I don’t have access to very much packaged snacks, so I find myself always looking for quick, go-to ones that I can make. My keto chicken salad is easy to make and ready for when I need a snack. I will admit, with the amount of time I now spend at home due to COVID 19, I definitely snack a lot more.
I use strips of chicken breast instead of the whole breasts as they cook a lot faster. I also use thighs sometimes. I boil the seasoned chicken rather than baking it as I find that it retains more moisture when boiled than when baked. Who likes dry chicken breast anyway?
Add whatever you want…
I have mentioned before that I am not much of a vegetable eater, so I keep my chicken salad simple with only tomatoes, red onions and spicy pepper (optional). Feel free to add whatever keto friendly veggies you like. You can add celery, broccoli, whatever your heart and taste buds desire.
How do I eat it…?
This keto chicken salad is good for anyone, whether you are doing keto or not. It is just so yummy. I eat it in so many different ways; sandwiches (chaffle sandwich), as a dip with pork rinds, or just eat it alone.
Do you have a yummy chicken salad recipe I should try… drop me a line in the comments. If you make this recipe and love it… let me know!
Let’s get into the recipe and enjoy!
Keto Chicken Salad
- Mixing bowl
- 275 grams chicken breasts strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 small tomato
- 2-3 stalks scallion
- habanero pepper to taste Optional. You can use jalapeno or any pepper of your choice.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Clean chicken and season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika
- Let chicken sit. Bring water to a boil in the pot. Enough to cover the chicken.
- Crush cloves of garlic and add to boiling water. Add chicken and boil for about 15 minutes (longer if pieces are bigger)
- Once chicken is boiled, drain water and discard garlic. Let chicken cool in a bowl.
- While chicken is cooling. Dice red onions, tomatoes, scallion and habanero pepper.
- Once chicken is no longer hot, shred with two forks.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard to chicken and mix.
- Add diced vegetables and mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you would like to see more from me, subscribe, and stay in touch by checking out my other social media platforms
This post contains affiliate link(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my links, without any extra cost to you. It helps to keep this blog afloat. Thank you, as always, for your support.
6 comments / Add your comment below
This salad is best served immediately. You can always keep some cooked chicken and crisped up bacon in the fridge and reheat or simply use cold.
Thanks for your suggestions Madeline.
Looks good, I enjoy food with a kick. Will give this recipe a go!
Thanks Clara! Let me know how it turns out!
This looks sooo delicious! I’m definitely going to be trying this one out. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Kara! Let me know how it goes!